Seo Services Link ExchangeOne of the key elements of a successful SEO campaign is strong backlinking. This means acquiring and building quality and relevant backlinks that point to your website and its contents. Without links, search engines will have a hard time locating your website and its potentially useful content. Backlinks not only work to increase your website's popularity, but help search engines navigate through your pages and determine its relevance to search terms. To better understand backlinking and choose the best SEO services link exchange strategies you should use for your own website, consider these useful insights:
Links come in a wide variety of forms. Backlinks are generally incoming links (often called inbound links) that come from other websites and point back to your website or blog. As earlier pointed out, links are the primary means by which search engine crawlers navigate the web, which is why they play a major role in site optimization, specifically SEO. Some common examples of backlinks are links coming from directories, forum posts, social bookmarking, social network, blog comments, press releases, article directories, and related websites.
There are many different types of backlinks that you can take advantage of if you want to rank well in search engine results pages. The two main types of backlinks are dofollow and nofollow links. While these links may seem identical in the eyes of a web-user, search engines view these backlinks differently.
Do-Follow links are typical hyperlinks that Google bots and other search engine crawlers follow through. Basically, if you want to rank high for a particular search term or keyword in Google (or other search engines) you need a good number of backlinks that point to your site. These links have certain point equivalents that help search engines determine your ranking for a given search term. This said, not all do-follow links have the same value, as links coming from authority sites carry more points than others.
No-Follow links on the other hand, are links that don't allow search engine crawlers to follow through. These links have the (rel="nofollow") attribute, which essentially stops the search bot from crawling the site or the page. Nofollow links were introduced into linking in order to avoid spammy activities, particularly spam comments in blogs.
There are other types of links that you can use to build a strong link profile for your website. Knowing about these types of links will help you determine which type ofSEO services link exchange strategies to use for optimization:
- Inbound links – inbound links are links coming from another webpage or site, pointing to your own pages or content.
- Outbound links – outbound links are links from your site, pointing out to an external site.
- Internal links – internal links are links that point to pages within your site. It can be a link within your content that points to a related article published within your website.
- No index – this meta tag tells robots not to index pages with the "noindex" attribute.
- Reciprocal links – reciprocal links are links shared by two websites, thus creating a mutual link between website A and website B and vice versa.
Google and other search engines are more concerned with the quality of the links that you build rather than the quantity of the links that you acquire. In the past, high rankings in SERPs largely depended on the number of backlinks that a website has in its profile. However, this made it easier for webmasters to manipulate search results simply by inflating their backlinking numbers. Today, however, such methods are highly discouraged as they can get your website penalized by search engines. Here are some ways through which you can build backlinks the right way. Make sure that your SEO services link exchange provider follows these guidelines:
- Build links the natural way. Create quality content that people will want to link to.
- Encourage links from social network. Take advantage of your Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and other social profiles.
- Submit or subscribe to quality directories. Free Relevant Links is a good place to start if you want high-quality and well organized directory with strict standards when it comes to accepting member sites.
- Take advantage of links coming from article directories and forums.
- Explore social bookmarking.
- Comment on blogs and articles published by related websites.
- Generate regular press releases.